Monday, January 18, 2016

Lemon Dill Salad Dressing

If you like Italian-style salad dressings, you need to give this dressing a try!


Personally, I have a big problem with salt. I call myself a salt-aholic--I'll munch the stuff by itself and love every lick. I've even wondered (but never tested) whether I might process sodium differently than others and may need more of it. I don't want to count on that theory though, and through much of my life I've struggled with reducing my intake, because I don't want any of the long-term health risks associated with too much sodium.

That's one of the reasons I love this recipe. It's got no added salt, and yet it's so full of delicious flavors that I will happily eat it and not miss anything! It's such a great combination of flavors!

Lemon Dill Salad Dressing
top 8 free!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 tsp dill

Directions:

Pour vinegar and lemon juice into a shaker bottle.

Add dill, and then olive oil. (I've found it's best to follow this order--when the dill is in the middle of two liquids, it's less likely to clump together against the sides of the jar.)

Shake well and serve atop a delicious green salad!

The simplicity of this recipe is another reason I love this recipe. You're only a few minutes away from a delicious way to top your salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?