Monday, October 5, 2015

Snow Pea Salad


An old coworker of mine turned me on to this salad many years ago. Snow peas were one of the best things that grew in my (then) new garden, and I needed more ways to serve them. This recipe rocks, both in its simplicity and in its great taste!

Snow Pea Salad
Contains dairy

Ingredients
  • Snow Peas, cut to bite-size
  • Chopped red onion
  • Chopped fresh mint
  • Feta cheese (roughly 8oz)
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions
Cut the ends off your peas, and string them if necessary. Then chop them into bite-size pieces (halves or thirds.)

Dice your red onions and chop your mint.

Mix your vegetables together. Proportions are eyeballed, but you want a majority of peas and not enough onion to overpower.

Add the feta and toss.

Mix olive oil, salt, and pepper (to taste) and pour over salad.

Toss and serve!

I love snow peas and am so sad that the season is mostly over. I was so glad to get a batch from my in-law's garden to make it one more time this year! Yum!

Linking up at Allergy Free Wednesdays and Gluten Free Fridays



2 comments:

  1. It was so great to find your page through Gluten Free Fridays over at Vegetarian Mama! I'm actually a kid raised by a food allergy parent. It's great because she always understood what was going on even though we have different food allergies. In fact, it can be quite confusing in the kitchen because I'm allergic to milk, and she's allergic to coconut (a common dairy substitute). I'm sure your kids are lucky to have you as a resource.

    Even though I can't have this snow pea salad, it looks delicious. I love how simple it is to make as well! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend with your family!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Kaila! It's nice to meet other multi-generational families. I've actually been thankful that my kids aren't allergic to dairy because I can't stand coconut--silver lining, I guess :D It certainly is hard to find things that work for everyone sometimes. Are there any dairy-free cheeses that mimic feta or blue cheese?

    I hope you had a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?